San Miguel Walking Tour
On this free walking tour of San Miguel, the town right across the water from Flores, you will visit the archeological museum, beach, and viewpoint accompanied by a local guide. Along the way you will learn more about the area, get to swim in the clear waters of Lake Peten Itza, enjoy a picnic on the beach, see beautiful views overlooking the lake and the entire island, and may even run into wild monkeys on the path! This is a great chance to see the natural area surrounding Flores, learn from a local, and practice your Spanish.
- Set tour every Thursday at 10:30am. You can request a tour at a different day and time, just let us know!
- Pick up from your hostel
- Tour in Spanish & English
- Take a boat to San Miguel – Q5
- Visit archeological museum – free
- Walk to Chechenal beach, swim and have a picnic – Q5 entrance
- Walk to the viewpoint, enjoy the view and take photos!
- Return to Flores – Q5 boat
- Drop off at your hostel (return time is flexible and depends on the group)
This tour is led by a Flores local who wants to help tourists enjoy his beautiful hometown and had an idea for a new activity the area was missing. He does not charge anything, but please consider tipping for his time and service :)